Following Apple’s announcement, here are the upcoming changes we anticipate and plan.
We will keep updating the list below based on when Advertising networks add support for SKAdNetwork.
Facebook Ads - Changes (Done).
Recommendation - if you have any iOS14.5 campaigns then set Unified Communication Settings to Adset level (see image).
action_attribution_windows - Facebook will no longer support offsite web conversion metrics over the following attribution windows: 7d_view, 28d_view , and 28d_click . These windows will still remain available to access historical data — data prior to when the changes go into effect.
- All existing rivers will have these options turned OFF by default (set to Facebook’s default)
- Two new options added use_account_attribution_setting (Ad Account level) and use_unified_attribution_setting (Adset level)
- In case use_unified_attribution_setting (Adset level) is set, the default lookback window will be at the adset level.
New attribution_setting field
- attribution_setting will return values only when use_unified_attribution_setting (Adset level) is true , else response will not return attribution_setting .
non-inline conversion metric
- Querying across iOS 14.5 and non-iOS 14.5 campaigns will result in no data getting returned for non-inline conversion metrics (i.e. app installs, purchases).
- Inline event metrics like impressions, link clicks, and video views, however, can still be aggregated.
- More information from Facebook available here
Note: because iOS 14 campaigns rely on SKAdNetwork data and associated attribution logic, results for those campaigns can only be queried using the default or new unified attribution setting
3 New fields - ios_fourteen_campaign_limits report fields will be added to account report (by April 26th).
- A new Report will be added (by May 15)
- We are planning to upgrade the API to v1.4 (Done)
- New traffic type “SKAdNetwork” will be added
- Auction Ads Report - We are planning to add additional metrics (Done)
- SKAdNetwork additional metrics